Kimberley Trip, 17 days Broome to Kununurra
We are planning a trip to the Kimberley in late June till early July this year. This is what we have got planned so far.
- Arrive to Broome on midday Saturday, stay in Broome till Monday morning.
- Monday Morning drive to Cape Leveque, stay at Kooljaman Resort Monday and Tuesday night.
- Wednesday morning drive to Derby, visit Middle Lagoon on the way.
Stay at Derby Wednesday night (or go straight through to Windjana Gorge?)
- Thursday morning, drive to Windjana Gorge, also visit Tunnel Creek.
Stay at Windjana Gorge on Thursday night.
- Friday morning visit Lennard Gorge, then go to Bell Gorge. Stay at Bell Gorge on Friday night.
- Saturday mid morning drive to the Mornington Wilderness Camp. Stay here on Saturday and Sunday night.
- Monday morning drive to Adcock and Galvans gorge, and then to Manning Gorge. Stay at Manning Gorge Monday night.
- Tuesday morning drive straight to Mitchell Falls. Stay at Mitchell Falls Tuesday night, Wednesday night and Thursday night. (Is this too long in Mitchell Falls?)
- Friday morning drive to El Questro. Stay at El Questro Friday and Saturday night.
- Sunday morning drive to Bungles. Stay at Bungles Sunday night.
- Early afternoon on Monday drive to Kununurra.
END OF TRIP
I recently purchased your Kimberley guide and have found it extremely useful in helping me plan the trip.
I've read your guide a number of times already, and although you have clearly indicated how long it takes to get to places I still am unsure about if I'm fitting too much into my schedule or if I have it about right. Your assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks so much for the great site.
Keep up the great work.
Travelling to the Northern Territory?
Destination Top End offers the same comprehensive, detailed insider information for the tropical regions of the Northern Territory.
A must have if you travel to or from Darwin.
NEW! Destination Red Centre is the latest addition in this popular series. Monica Coleman takes you through Australia's red Outback heart, offering all the detail and insider tips that you have come to know and love about our guides. With special emphasis on Aboriginal communities and culture.
A must have if you travel to or from Alice Springs/Uluru.
Return to top
Return to Kimberley Travel Guide home page